Application Visa Vietnam in Great Britain
Citizens from Great Britain do not need a Visa for Vietnam when staying up to a maximum of 15 days for tourism purposes. In all other cases, British require a Visa for Vietnam, which can be applied for at the Embassy of Vietnam in London / Great Britain. In addition, the citizens of Great Britain have the opportunity to apply for a Visa Vietnam at any other Vietnamese Mission Abroad worldwide.
British may also apply for a Visa Vietnam on Arrival or an Online Vietnam Visa to the Immigration Department of the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security. This is contrary to widespread information for citizens of Great Britain an official way of entering Vietnam. The application needs to made in this case through authorized agents, such as the Vietnam Visa Service Agency (VVSA).
British can also apply for an eVisa Vietnam if a one-time entry is planned and the total stay does not exceed one month.
Resume about Visa Vietnam
British do not have to apply for a Visa Vietnam at the Vietnamese Diplomatic Mission in London but could do so, e.g. also at the Vietnamese Embassy in any other Vietnamese Mission Abroad worldwide. British who are already abroad do not have to travel back to Great Britain to apply for a Visa Vietnam at the Vietnamese Embassy in London. Citizens of Great Britain can also apply for the Visa Vietnam online to the Immigration Department of the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security through third parties such as the Vietnam Visa Service Agency, which will be issued on entry. This is possible, among other things, if there is no direct flight, ie if one entering to Vietnam via a third country or if one visiting Vietnam for sightseeing as well and travel under programs organized by international tour enterprises and many other reasons. However, the reasons do not have to be stated or substantiated.
of the Vietnamese State for Visa Vietnam
- Article 18.- Issuance of Visas at International Border Crossings
- foreigners receive Visas at international border crossings in the following cases:
- the applicant comes from countries where Vietnam has no competent diplomatic mission;
- before the applicant travels to Vietnam, he has to cross other countries;
- entry into Vietnam is for the purpose of sightseeing and travel in Vietnam through programs organized by international travel agencies;
- Article 14. of the Act governs the application for the Vietnam Visa on entry, through authorities, agencies, organizations and individuals, to the Immigration Department of the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security.
- Article 15. of the Act governs the application for the Vietnam Visa on the Vietnamese diplomatic missions, through authorities, agencies, organizations and individuals, to the Immigration Department of the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security.
- Article 17. of the Act governs the application for the Vietnam Visa directly through the Vietnamese diplomatic missions, to the Immigration Department of the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security.
Visa Vietnam on Arrival
Entry into Vietnam with a Visa Vietnam on Arrival is only possible via the international airports in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang and Nha Trang. It is not a Visa in the real sense, but only the confirmation of the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security to get a Visa at the International Airports which will then issued upon arrival. The Visa Vietnam Approval is recognized by all airlines and it is the guarantee for them that the Visa for Vietnam will be issued at the airport of arrival. This kind of Visa can not be obtained directly at the airport, but must be in advance requested by authorized providers, like the Vietnam Visa Service Agency. The costs for a Visa Vietnam upon Arrival are composed by fees for issuing of the Visa and the cost of application for a permit (see details in here). This is equivalent to about half the cost of the Visa Vietnam from the Vietnamese Embassy in London and the time as well as the work which one needs to invest for submitting the application is significantly less.